Great Yarmouth teenager Katy Bown found guilty of the manslaughter of her neighbour Shane Boulton, 21
A teenager who stabbed her neighbour following an argument has been found guilty of manslaughter.
A jury this afternoon (Friday) found Katy Bown, 18, of Stanley Terrace, Great Yarmouth, guilty of the manslaughter of 21-year-old Shane Boulton last summer.
The jury at Norwich Crown Court, after deliberating for 16 hours and 36 minutes, found Bown not guilty of murder, a charge she had denied.
The court had heard how Bown stabbed Mr Boulton after an argument involving him and his girlfriend Claire Matheson, on June 19 last year.
Bown will be sentenced within the next month.
You may also want to watch:
• For the full story, see tomorrow's papers.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 10 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school