Great Yarmouth teenager bailed on charges of causing two deaths
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Great Yarmouth teenager has appeared in court charged over the death of a 15-year-old girl from Gorleston in a crash which killed another man.
Daniel Watts, 19, of North Denes Road, is accused of causing the death of Shannley Leaver by driving a Citroen Saxo on the A12 at Frostenden, near Lowestoft, without due care and attention on October 8.
Shannley, who went to Lynn Grove High School, was a passenger in the car Watts was driving, which was involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 being driven by Ronnie Gates.
Watts is also accused of causing the death of Mr Gates, 55, from Knodishall, near Saxmundham, by driving without due care and attention.
He appeared at Lowestoft Magistrates' Court, where he entered no plea. He was bailed until October 9, when his case will be heard at Ipswich Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 9 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case