Great Yarmouth student meets celebrity photographer Rankin
- Credit: Archant
A Great Yarmouth student who was struggling to take the all-important next step on her career path has had her mind made up by the fashion photographer 'hero' who inspired her work.
Michelle Connop, a fine art and photography student at East Norfolk Sixth Form College, travelled to London for a meeting engineered by her tutor with celebrity snapper Rankin.
So successful was the single but significant encounter Michelle now intends to apply for an internship with the artist, famous for seeing everyone from top models to the Queen through his lens.
Michelle travelled with Androulla Michael to the Dazed Fashion Forum hosted by Amazon Fashion in London where they were able to contribute to a shoot and receive feedback on Michelle's own magazine efforts.
Michelle said: 'Ever since I began my photography course in late 2013, Androulla understood and appreciated the extent of my passion. I've always aspired to be a fashion photographer and throughout my college years she was constantly updating me on what was going on in the world of fashion photography and advising me on ways to get involved in this competitive industry.
'I never knew a single day could impact my life so much until that day. He was such a nice, genuine guy and Androulla helped give me the confidence to approach him professionally and talk to him about the area that I love, fashion photography.'
'I just wanted to kick start my fashion photography career in order to get a step closer to my ultimate dream and I highly doubt I would have been studying at university now had Androulla not had the confidence in me.'
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 3 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP
Androulla said: 'The influential and visual impact Rankin had on Michelle's photography was astonishing and truly inspirational, and the experience with Rankin and his team fulfilled a personal ambition.'
Rankin discussed and staged photos with Michelle and Androulla which will be published in Rankin's co-founded Dazed and Confused magazine.
Michelle completed a fashion magazine for her A2 photography exam unit and presented Rankin with a copy of it.
He was reportedly 'really impressed' by Michelle's work and Michelle is now endeavouring to apply for an internship with Rankin.