Mum who thought she would struggle with her weight ‘for the rest of my life’ loses four stone
- Credit: Archant
A mum of two says her life has been transformed after losing more than four stone.
Sam Grimsley joined her local Slimming World in Great Yarmouth after the birth of her second child - and reached her dream weight in just over a year.
She lost 4st 3.5lb, extra weight she says had been holding her back for seven years.
And now she is paying it back by starting her own group in Newtown.
She said: ''Obesity is becoming such a huge issue across the UK. When I first joined Slimming World as a member, I never dreamed that I would end up helping other people to lose weight but now I just can't wait to get started.
You may also want to watch:
'After losing just over 4st and completing my training, it's a privilege for me to be able to pass on the experience, insight and understanding that helped me, so that I can give my members the support they need to get to target.'
After her weight loss, Ms Grimsley was also crowned Woman of the Year for her group, but was able to end the Women of the Year Regional finals.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
She said it was an inspirational event.
'It was an absolute honour to attend the Women of the Year Regional Finals, the wonderful ladies I met that day have inspired me beyond belief, for me was when I realised the true power of Slimming World.
'It's not just a healthy eating plan, it's a support network, that for each and every group across the country, for so many it's a second family.
'For me, that was a big turning point, realising that Slimming World really does change lives and for all their massive achievements, the one underlining factor was that everyone had committed to staying to their local group every week for support and to give support.'
Ms Grimsley has undergone training as a consultant for Slimming World at its national training academy in Derbyshire.
Her Slimming World group will be held at Newtown Methodist Church every Thursday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm from November 1.
For more information or to join Sam's group either pop along on November 1 or call her on 07840 867 699.
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000.