Great Yarmouth sign language course to start in September
A sign language course for adult beginners is to be launched in Great Yarmouth from September.
The Deaf Connexions Great Yarmouth group will be running the 26 week course from Monday, September 11 at St Nicholas Priory Junior School.
The charity says the course offers an opportunity to learn a new skill and communicate with the deaf community and hopefully make friends at the same time.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits will be provided for participants, who will be asked to make a minimum weekly contribution of £1.25 to meet the charity's costs.
The sign language sessions will run from 4pm and 5.30pm on Mondays at the school and Deaf Connexions say places for the course are limited.
You may also want to watch:
To book a place on the sign language course or for more information call Lisa King on 0779 9350520 or 01493 781762.
The Deaf Connexions group have been running classes for seven years at the school.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument