Great Yarmouth’s TS Warrior Cadets to have summer camp after all following grant boost
- Credit: Ian Shearn
A cadet group's annual summer camp has been salvaged by a last minute financial boost.
It had been feared that Great Yarmouth's TS Warrior Cadets would miss out on their annual trip, after a funding initiative it made use of was discontinued.
However, the trip to North Walsham is now going ahead as planned, after the troop was selected to receive £1,000 as part of Comic Relief's Community Cash scheme.
It would have been the first time in the group's history - which spans more than 20 years - that its cadets would not have gone on a summer camp.
Commanding officer Ian Shearn said: 'It was a huge relief to discover that we had received a grant. Some parents also dug in a little deeper to help too, so I'm really relieved.
You may also want to watch:
'It would have been a massive shame for the trip to have been called off, for some of our cadets the camp is their only chance to get out and do something like it.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats