Great Yarmouth’s Hippodrome Circus gives major funding boost to EACH’s nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
One of Great Yarmouth's entertainment gems has given a major funding boost to a hospice charity thanks to the generosity of its fun loving audiences.
The Hippodrome Circus has presented East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) with a £4,900 donation for the charity's nook appeal.
Hippodrome owners Peter and Christine Jay signed up to the nook business network scheme in 2014, pledging to raise £15,000 for the appeal.
They have exceeded their target by raising £17,600, most of which came from collections from audiences at the end of performances.
The Jays handed over their latest donation of £4,900 with the help of the cast of Pirates Live!, which has just finished its run at the seafront attraction.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jay said: 'We are delighted to have raised so much money for a fantastic, local cause.
'When we heard about the nook appeal and the need for a new hospice we knew that we wanted to help as much as we could.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
'We are really grateful to our audience members for their generosity over the last couple of years. I know that together we have helped EACH get one step closer to achieving their vision.'
EACH launched the nook appeal in November 2014.
The appeal aims to raise £10m to transform children's palliative care across the county, which includes a new purpose-built hospice, called the nook, on a five-acre woodland site in Framingham Earl just south of Norwich.
The nook business network asks for companies small, medium and large throughout Norfolk to commit to raising a sum of money over the duration of the appeal in return for a number of benefits and support from the charity. More than 30 local companies have now pledged their support for the scheme.
Sophie Mayes, EACH Norfolk Corporate Fundraiser, said: 'We need support from individuals, schools and companies in Norfolk which is why it has been great to work with the Hippodrome Circus.
'The team have been hugely supportive and we are really grateful to them for raising such a fantastic sum of money.'
Anyone interested in finding out more about the nook appeal and the nook business network should visit: www.each.org.uk/the-nook or contact the Norfolk Fundraising Team on: 01953 666767, firstname.lastname@example.org.