Great Yarmouth’s first comic convention a success
- Credit: Archant
The sight of Daleks and Stormtroopers turned heads as town's inaugural comic book convention was held.
The first Great Yarmouth TV, Film and Comic Convention was held at the town hall on Saturday.
There were people dressed up as characters from Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who and many other films.
The event organised by Empire Events saw dozens of fans wear costumes to celebrate everything that is great about the comics.
Dan Beavers from Lowestoft brought his son along and said it was an amazing event.
He added: 'Well done to the promoters and organisers and all the staff who were very friendly and a big thank you to the stars who were there. Hope this happens again next year.'
Mr Beavers said he especially wanted to thank the people who dressed as Spiderman and Star Wars Stormtroopers who made his little boy's day.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
Mark Bray from Yarmouth said he had a great time hoped it would return next year.
Guests included Eastenders actor John Altman known for playing 'Nasty' Nick Cotton, comedian Norman Lovett, who played Holly in Red Dwarf, film directors Sandeep Mohan and Martin Ballantyne and sci-fi actors Clem So, Paul Warren, Alan Flyng, Hugo Myatt and Michael Henbury .
Do you have a story about comic books? Email firstname.lastname@example.org