Great Yarmouth Round Table to fund replacement for vandalised Gorleston defibrillator
- Credit: Archant
A Round Table club has stepped forward to provide funds for a new defibrillator after one of the lifesaving machines was destroyed by vandals in Gorleston.
On Saturday the smashed defibrillator was found at Gorleston Lawn Bowling Green, leading to a public appeal to fund a replacement.
The Great Yarmouth Round Table has come forward to provide full funding for a replacement.
A statement from the club said: 'With two of our members personally involved in the installation of these important bits of lifesaving equipment, we knew it was very important to get this bit of kit replaced as soon as possible.
'We are very pleased to be able to provide the full amount of monies to make this happen.'
You may also want to watch:
The defibrillator was one of 17 installed along the east coast by Heart 2 Heart, which was set up by Jane Biggs after one of the devices saved the life of her daughter Violet in 2013.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig