Great Yarmouth Round Table to fund replacement for vandalised Gorleston defibrillator
- Credit: Archant
A Round Table club has stepped forward to provide funds for a new defibrillator after one of the lifesaving machines was destroyed by vandals in Gorleston.
On Saturday the smashed defibrillator was found at Gorleston Lawn Bowling Green, leading to a public appeal to fund a replacement.
The Great Yarmouth Round Table has come forward to provide full funding for a replacement.
A statement from the club said: 'With two of our members personally involved in the installation of these important bits of lifesaving equipment, we knew it was very important to get this bit of kit replaced as soon as possible.
'We are very pleased to be able to provide the full amount of monies to make this happen.'
The defibrillator was one of 17 installed along the east coast by Heart 2 Heart, which was set up by Jane Biggs after one of the devices saved the life of her daughter Violet in 2013.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword