Great Yarmouth road is like Brands Hatch with speeding traffic
- Credit: Archant
Calls have been made to prevent motorists speeding along a main road in Great Yarmouth.
The issue of speeding vehicles along North Quay was raised by resident Richard Atwood at a meeting of the Yarmouth Area Committee at Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Mr Atwood said he is regularly woken up early in the morning by speeding vehicles, including many lorries, breaking the 30mph limit between North Quay and the Fullers Hill roundabout.
He said: 'It is like Brands Hatch. They are the worse drivers I have seen in the country. They are ludicrous. This is going back years.'
Michael Jeal, chairman of the committee, proposed the committee should notify roads authority Norfolk County Council about the problem and also inform police about the issue.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'It is causing the residents problems.'
The committee approved the proposal.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats