River Island could be set to leave town centre to move out of town
- Credit: Archant
Another store could be set to leave Great Yarmouth town centre as it is believed River Island is planning to move to Gapton Hall.
The King Street fashion store would be the latest chain to move out of town, following in the footsteps of Marks and Spencer who moved out three years ago.
It is believed the popular clothing retailer is moving into the former Brantano shoe shop at the out of town retail park.
The latest figures show 15pc of town centre shops in Yarmouth were empty compared to the national average of 12.2pc.
The area surrounding River Island at the top of King Street has a higher number of empty shops – over half of the surrounding 15 shops will be empty once it closes.
The neighbouring fashion outlet store Utopia is displaying that it is holding a closing down sale.
The doorways of the former M&S store, which closed in 2015, were this week boarded up, as the area was used by rough sleepers.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'