Great Yarmouth pub to help the fight against cancer with two events
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2008
A pub is organising two fun events to help the fight against cancer.
The Duke of Wellington in St Peter's Road, Great Yarmouth, has set up a charity pool match on October 24 and a second 'Wellie fundraiser' event on October 28.
Funds raised from the events will be handed over to Cancer Research UK.
The charity pool match on Tuesday, October 24 starts from 6pm and is a best of three event with the overall winner taking the prize. It costs £3 to enter.
The second 'Wellie fundraiser' on Saturday, October 28 starts at 11am and is an all day event. It will feature raffles, auctions, a pool competition, bingo, karaoke and a disco. There are games such as guess the Teddy bear's name and how many sweets are in the jar? and also cupcake decorating.
Jenny Eyre, central fundraising executive at Cancer Research UK, said the events will aid the charity to help beat cancer sooner.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit