Great Yarmouth phone company rings up a charity success with fundraising campaign
- Credit: Archant
A Great Yarmouth company is celebrating fundraising success after it pledged its support for Age Concern.
Digital Phone Company has been raising money in aid of Age Concern Great Yarmouth since last August as its chosen charity.
The company, which has its head office in Southgates Road, has raised £1,800 for the charity, which runs the Acorn Centre in Regent Street.
Fundraising activities have included sponsored meals, charity raffles and auctions, as well as having Age Concern charity tins in our shops.
Chris Share, managing director of Digital Phone Company, said: 'We started supporting Age Concern in August and they have been our chosen charity through to April of this year.
You may also want to watch:
'With us being based in Great Yarmouth we wanted to support a local charity, and Age Concern have helped family members of a couple of our directors.
'Over the past months Digital Phone Company have been raising money for Age Concern.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
'We are proud to have raised £1,800 to help support Age Concern, as the work they do in reaching out to older people is invaluable in combating loneliness and enriching their lives.
'We would like to thank all of our staff and customers for their support.'
Jackie Tierney, from Age Concern Great Yarmouth, said the money raised by Digital Phone Company will be split three ways.
It will be used to support a 'Healthy Holiday' programme in which 56 older people will be spending five days at Seacroft Holiday Village in Hemsby.
Secondly it will be using some of the funds raised to celebrate Older Peoples Day this year.
On the September 30 Age Concern will be holding an afternoon variety show for anyone over 50 years.
Lastly some of the money will be used to kick start an Age Concern fundraising campaign for a new lift at the Acorn Centre with more than £25,000 needed to get one.
She added: 'We are really grateful to Digital Phone Company, both staff and customers, for supporting Age Concern and the Acorn Centre this last year.
'It is through this kind support that we are able to continue our services and reach more older people throughout the borough of Great Yarmouth.'