Great Yarmouth pensioner’s plea to mobility scooter owners after theft
- Credit: Archant
A man has made a plea for mobility scooter riders to keep them safe after the theft of his waterproof cover.
Peter Nicol, 73, had the plastic cover stolen from his vehicle overnight on Sunday.
The scooter was parked outside his house, the location of which he would like to keep anonymous.
Mr Nicol, who is disabled and requires the scooter to get out and about, said: 'How can you stoop so low.
'I just want to try and make other people aware in case they keep their scooters outside.'
The pensioner's faith in humanity was renewed by a kind gesture from the shop where he originally bought his scooter.
He visited Style-mobility in Southtown Road where he purchased his vehicle from to buy a new cover.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
When he told the staff what had happened, they gave him a second-hand cover free of charge to take home.
Mr Nicol thanked the company, adding: 'I thought that was very good of them.'