Great Yarmouth pensioner’s plea to mobility scooter owners after theft
- Credit: Archant
A man has made a plea for mobility scooter riders to keep them safe after the theft of his waterproof cover.
Peter Nicol, 73, had the plastic cover stolen from his vehicle overnight on Sunday.
The scooter was parked outside his house, the location of which he would like to keep anonymous.
Mr Nicol, who is disabled and requires the scooter to get out and about, said: 'How can you stoop so low.
'I just want to try and make other people aware in case they keep their scooters outside.'
You may also want to watch:
The pensioner's faith in humanity was renewed by a kind gesture from the shop where he originally bought his scooter.
He visited Style-mobility in Southtown Road where he purchased his vehicle from to buy a new cover.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
When he told the staff what had happened, they gave him a second-hand cover free of charge to take home.
Mr Nicol thanked the company, adding: 'I thought that was very good of them.'