Great Yarmouth opticians tackle Race for Life and raise £600
- Credit: Archant
A team of opticians have eyed up a charity success after they raised funds to help the fight against cancer by tackling a 5k race.
The staff of Great Yarmouth's Specsavers store took part in Cancer Research UK's Race for Life at the Norfolk Showground.
Calling themselves 'Sight for sore eyes', the team raised £600 for Cancer Research UK.
Leading the team was store manager of Great Yarmouth Specsavers, Roxanne England, who was joined by dispensing optician Rebecca Williams, optical assistant Stephanie Jennings and optical dispenser Lauren England, as well as their children and even a furry friend – Lady the dog.
After completing the course in an average time of 40 minutes, emotions were running high as all of the team members have lost loved ones to the disease that 12.7 million people are diagnosed with each year worldwide. Staff at the store have taken part in the Race for Life for the last seven years.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window