Great Yarmouth opticians tackle Race for Life and raise £600
- Credit: Archant
A team of opticians have eyed up a charity success after they raised funds to help the fight against cancer by tackling a 5k race.
The staff of Great Yarmouth's Specsavers store took part in Cancer Research UK's Race for Life at the Norfolk Showground.
Calling themselves 'Sight for sore eyes', the team raised £600 for Cancer Research UK.
Leading the team was store manager of Great Yarmouth Specsavers, Roxanne England, who was joined by dispensing optician Rebecca Williams, optical assistant Stephanie Jennings and optical dispenser Lauren England, as well as their children and even a furry friend – Lady the dog.
After completing the course in an average time of 40 minutes, emotions were running high as all of the team members have lost loved ones to the disease that 12.7 million people are diagnosed with each year worldwide. Staff at the store have taken part in the Race for Life for the last seven years.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre