Great Yarmouth museum to celebrate cuddly toys with new exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of cuddly toys and their stories will be held in a Great Yarmouth museum from Friday until September 5.
The toy room at Elizabethan House Museum has been taken over by cuddly toys for the Creature Comforts exhibition.
This family friendly exhibition celebrates beloved cuddly toys; from highly collectable Steiff bears to threadbare bunnies.
Many of the toys in Creature Comforts have been lent by local museum supporters especially for this exhibition.
This has allowed the museum to bring together 90 years of soft toy history and allowed contributors to share childhood memories of life with their fluffy-coated companion.
You may also want to watch:
There is a Counting Bear trail for youngsters to enjoy. The museum is open 10am – 4pm Sunday to Friday. Free entry to National Trust members and Norfolk Museums Pass holders.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified