Great Yarmouth MP Brandon Lewis lauds borough’s tourism offerings
- Credit: Archant
Brandon Lewis has given his stamp of approval to the borough's tourism industry, as he cut probably the tiniest ribbon he ever will.
There was no need for over-sized novelty scissors at this ribbon cutting, as the Great Yarmouth MP officially launched Merrivale Model Village's new rocket exhibit.
He said: 'I think the tourism industry in the constituency is in great shape. I can't think of anywhere else that has quite so much to offer in the way of things to do, be it tourist attractions or heritage sites.
'There has always been a big buzz about the place, and I think given factors like Brexit, people are looking at the pound much more and going on more staycations, so it is great that we have such much to offer these people.'
Mr Lewis added that he thought the new rocket was 'brilliant'.
You may also want to watch:
He added; 'Merrivale is such a quintessentially British tourist attraction and is always growing, which is brilliant to see.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price