Great Yarmouth misses out on snow
- Credit: Archant
GREAT Yarmouth escaped yesterday's heavy snow as residents woke this morning to clear skies, sunshine and pavements and roads free of the white stuff.
A light sprinkling of snow peppered homes and fields in Acle and Cantley but towns and villages closer to the coast, including Ormesby, Potter Heigham and Caister, missed out.
The Acle straight showed no signs of snowfall and commuters heading eastbound into Great Yarmouth were surrounded by green fields and schools in the area are open as usual.
Some residents have expressed disappointment that the east of the county has missed out and took to Twitter to lament the lack of snow.
@bellacupcakesuk said: 'Completely missed us here in Yarmouth. Not a flake.'
You may also want to watch:
@RichyBoii added: 'As expected, woke up, went outside, no snow. Nothin, not even a frost. Welcome to Great Yarmouth. A place where weather doesn't wanna visit.'
And on Facebook Eevil Weeja said: 'Plenty of rain...No snow :( '
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
But the resort and its surrounds is expected to be hit with light snow and mist this evening, from around 7pm.