Great Yarmouth Minster taking special measures to avoid difficult World Cup conundrum
- Credit: James Bass/Adam Davy
For many people, football and religion are one and the same - both of them demand faith, devotion and time.
With both so demanding, the occasional conflict can arise, in which difficult choices must be made.
However, the preservation trust of the Great Yarmouth Minster has taken measures to ensure its faithful will not have to make this tough decision - particularly during a World Cup year.
The events section of trust's latest meeting agenda contains all the dates and potential dates of England World Cup fixtures - a guideline for its members to follow when organising its summer programme.
Paul Davies, chairman of the trust said: 'We've been caught out in the past - in 2016 we booked soprano Hayley Moss to perform on the same day Andy Murray was in the final of Wimbledon.
You may also want to watch:
'We are a sport mad nation, so we are carefully planning ahead this time.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village