Great Yarmouth medical practice wins software award
- Credit: Archant
East Norfolk Medical Practice in Great Yarmouth has been presented with an award for its use of computer software which makes sure patients receive effective medicines in safe doses.
The GP practice, which operates at three sites, received the patient safety award from Eclipse, which makes the software, for making the greatest use of its software to review high risk patients who are likely to end up in hospital.
The software analyses patient data and identifies anyone who may have a raised risk of an emergency admission to hospital as a result of the drugs they are taking.
Eclipse will then alert the GP, in turn prompting them to carry out a medication review and take steps to adjust the patient's drugs.
Dr Sheldon, GP prescribing lead for East Norfolk Medical Practice said: 'Providing a high standard of patient care is our priority and we are delighted that this care has been recognised nationally.'
You may also want to watch:
Michael Dennis, head of medicines optimisation with the local CCG, said: 'We are really pleased East Norfolk Medical Practice have been recognised in this way, which shows that they are making the most of this software to improve safety for patients.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council