Great Yarmouth mayor Kerry Robinson-Payne leads civic service procession through town
- Credit: Archant
Holidaymakers in Great Yarmouth were given a close up view of a traditional ceremony as the mayor of the town and wider borough held her civic service.
On Sunday Kerry Robinson-Payne led fellow borough councillors from the town hall to St Mary's Church for the service.
The parade included cadets who entertained the crowds along Regent Road with music.
Mrs Robinson-Payne chose to hold the service at the catholic church as she is a member of the congregation and 11 years ago it had hosted a similar service for her late mother, Susan Robinson, when she was mayor.
The service was conducted by Father Phillip Shryane.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Robinson-Payne said: 'It was lovely to walk down a packed Regent Road and see people turn and watch as we went along Regent Road.'
She also added the event reflected on the role of the mayor with the local community and her family's link to St Mary's Church.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk