Great Yarmouth market place to host World Mental Health Day fun event
- Credit: Archant
Musicians, dancers, face painters and much-loved mascots will descend on Great Yarmouth this weekend to help mark World Mental Health Day.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT) has joined forces with other local health organisations and charities to raise awareness of mental health issues and reduce some of the stigma often associated with them.
The free event takes place on Saturday in the Market Place between 10am and 4pm. It will feature belly dancers, musicians and other fun entertainments, while Anxious the Elephant from Haven Holidays and Woody Bear from Pleasurewood Hills have also been invited to come along.
In addition, staff from NSFT, Norfolk Recovery Partnership, Wellbeing Norfolk and Waveney, Feedback and Mind will also be on hand to give out information and chat about the mental health services which are available locally.
Howard Tidman, Carers' Lead with NSFT and one of the event's organisers, said: 'We want the day to be packed with fun and a real celebration of good mental health.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope that the entertainments we have organised will encourage as many people as possible to come over and chat and find out more about looking after their own wellbeing.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list