Reader letter: Why move the market? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Reading in the Mercury last week about the proposed movement of the market.
This is not a good idea. The market is the hub of the town centre and has been in the same place for many, many years and famed for its chips!
So why the urge all of a sudden to change it?
What is the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!
What is going to be put in place where the market is now? A car park I suppose as the cars will have to park somewhere, or if they stay where they are people will have to walk through lines of parked cars to get to the stalls, plus it is extra walking for people who are not to good at walking a distance.
You may also want to watch:
So please,councillors, listen to the public and all the stallholders and DO NOT MOVE THE MARKET.
A E Abrey
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 7 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man