Great Yarmouth maritime memories tour will dock in town
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
People with fond memories of their seaside holidays and trips out to sea can tell their stories for a touring maritime exhibition that is docking in Great Yarmouth.
The Maritime Memories Machine will be at the town's library on Monday, August 14 between 10am and 4pm.
Its visit is part of a national tour organised by the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich and will see stories feature in a new display.
People will be encouraged to tell their coastal and sea-based stories to maritime memory catchers.
The museum says memories could include enjoying sitting in a deckchair, pebbles in flip flops, day trips and journeys made out at sea in storms.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the tour said: 'Visit the Maritime Memories Machine to tell us what the sea means to you.'
Stories and memories collected during the national tour will be used at the museum's new Sea Things Gallery.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies