Great Yarmouth man who sparked police hunt admits attempted rape

Paul Stranks

Paul Stranks - Credit: Archant

A Great Yarmouth man, who sparked a police hunt when he absconded while on remand, has been warned he faces a 'considerable sentence' after he admitted attempted rape.

Paul Stranks, 21, who is now back in custody, admitted attempted rape on March 27, this year, when he appeared at Norwich Crown Court.

Charles Falk, prosecuting, said that the plea was acceptable to the prosecution, as Stranks had been due to stand trial.

He told the court that DNA evidence of the defendant was found under the fingernails of the female victim.

Judge Anthony Bate, adjourned sentence for a date to be fixed and also asked for a report into what danger Stranks posed to the public.


You may also want to watch:


He warned: 'He is looking at a considerable sentence.'

While on remand for this sex attack Stranks, was subject to a widespread police appeal after he escaped while receiving treatment as a remand prisoner at Hellesdon Hospital, in Drayton High Road,

Most Read

Police issued a description of Stranks at the time and warned the public he had links to the Great Yarmouth area.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus