Great Yarmouth man tried to incite teenage girls in America to send him explicit photos
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A man posed as a teenager on a chat website to try to get two young girls from America to send him explicit photos, a court heard.
Paul Blackman, 44, pretended he was a 16 year-old boy and sent messages to two teenage girls, who said they were living in Washington DC, asking them to send him indecent photos of themselves, Norwich Crown Court was told.
John Farmer, prosecuting, said that one of the people he contacted, who claimed to be a 15 year-old girl, sent him a photo showing just her upper body, wearing a bra.
Police arrested Blackman and seized a number of devices, including two mobile phones.
Mr Farmer said that analysis showed he had contacted one girl in October 2014 and the other girl in August 10, last year.
You may also want to watch:
Blackman, of St John's Terrace, Great Yarmouth, admitted attempting to engage a person under 16, in sexual activity.
Jailing him for 16 months and placing him on the sex offenders' register for 10 years, Recorder Guy Ayers said Blackman had described himself as a 16 year-old to one of the girls he requested explicit photos from.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
He said that he had no doubt that if the girl knew it was in fact a 44 year-old man she was talking to, it would have been different outcome.
'It would have been a very different type of conversation you would have been having, You were motivated for your own sexual gratification.'
Matthew McNiff, for Blackman, said that he had a number of problems and difficulties.
'He is someone with a number of real challenges.'
He said that Blackman showed a 'lack of maturity'.