Great Yarmouth man tried to incite teenage girls in America to send him explicit photos
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A man posed as a teenager on a chat website to try to get two young girls from America to send him explicit photos, a court heard.
Paul Blackman, 44, pretended he was a 16 year-old boy and sent messages to two teenage girls, who said they were living in Washington DC, asking them to send him indecent photos of themselves, Norwich Crown Court was told.
John Farmer, prosecuting, said that one of the people he contacted, who claimed to be a 15 year-old girl, sent him a photo showing just her upper body, wearing a bra.
Police arrested Blackman and seized a number of devices, including two mobile phones.
Mr Farmer said that analysis showed he had contacted one girl in October 2014 and the other girl in August 10, last year.
You may also want to watch:
Blackman, of St John's Terrace, Great Yarmouth, admitted attempting to engage a person under 16, in sexual activity.
Jailing him for 16 months and placing him on the sex offenders' register for 10 years, Recorder Guy Ayers said Blackman had described himself as a 16 year-old to one of the girls he requested explicit photos from.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
He said that he had no doubt that if the girl knew it was in fact a 44 year-old man she was talking to, it would have been different outcome.
'It would have been a very different type of conversation you would have been having, You were motivated for your own sexual gratification.'
Matthew McNiff, for Blackman, said that he had a number of problems and difficulties.
'He is someone with a number of real challenges.'
He said that Blackman showed a 'lack of maturity'.