Great Yarmouth man given 24 year jail sentence for raping three children
- Credit: Archant
A 37-year-old man who sexually abused children has been jailed for 24 years.
Craig McCabe, of Albany Road, Great Yarmouth, appeared at Norwich Crown Court for sentencing today.
He had previously pleaded guilty to 11 offences; nine counts of rape and two counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity committed between 2011 and 2016.
Detective Sergeant Stacey Murray, from the Child Abuse Investigation Unit, which led the enquiry, said: 'This was a horrendous case and the sentence imposed demonstrates this. I hope it provides some closure to the victims.
'We hope such a result will help to reassure victims that we will always investigate any allegations of sexual abuse thoroughly and as a consequence bring offenders to justice.'
McCabe was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register indefinitely.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze