Great Yarmouth man died from stab wounds to the chest inquest told
- Credit: Supplied
An opening into the murder of a Great Yarmouth man, has found that he died from stab wounds to the chest.
Andrew McGowan, 33, of Palgrave Road, Great Yarmouth, was discovered dead at a property in Dickens Court in the town, at 10.35pm on Saturday, November 14.
The inquest, held in Norwich today, heard that police and ambulance were called to the scene following a report of an incident at the property.
Medics treated Mr McGowan when they arrived, but he died at the scene.
The inquest also heard that a police investigation into his death is still being carried out.
A post-mortem examination into his death found that he died from stab wounds to the chest.
The inquest has been adjourned, and a review will be held on February 17, 2016.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze