Great Yarmouth man accused of attempted murder remanded into custody - as victim remains in critcial condition
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A Great Yarmouth man charged with attempted murder following an assault which left a man in a critical condition has been remanded into custody.
Police investigating what happened at an address in Albion Road, Yarmouth, arrested 27-year-old Clive Malone earlier this week.
Malone, of Paget Road, Yarmouth, was charged with attempted murder, theft and assault occaisoning actual bodily harm (ABH) and yesterday appeared before Norwich Magistrates' Court.
He will remain in custody until he is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on March 12.
The alleged attack took place inside a property at around 7pm on Saturday, February 1. Two men suffered head injuries - a 55-year-old who remains in a critical condition at Addenbrokes Hospital in Cambridgeshire, and a 62-year-old who suffered cuts to his head and was not admitted to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile police continue to investigate a separate attack in Springfield Road, Gorleston, which left a man fighting for his life.
The alleged attack happened inside a house on February 3 and the 45-year-old male victim was found in the early hours, suffering serious head injuries. He remains a critical condition at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
A 43-year-old man from the Lowestoft area was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in relation to the incident last Thursday and has been released on bail pending further inquiries until April 7.
A police spokesman said all parties involved are known to one another.