Great Yarmouth Lions Club honours long serving member Graham Gibbins
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth Lions Club has honoured one of its members at a meeting at the Imperial Hotel.
Graham Gibbins, know for driving the club's Santa's sleigh, was presented with a Melvin Jones Fellowship.
Mr Gibbins, a retired deputy headteacher, has been a member of the Lions for more than 30 years joining the Norfolk Broads Lions Club in 1985.
He served as president at the Norfolk Broads Club in 1992 and 1996 before transferring to the Great Yarmouth Club in 1998 and serving as president in 2000 and again in 2015. He has occupied the role of secretary for a total of 25 years, a post which he will shortly be stepping down from.
The Melvin Jones Fellowship is the highest award that can be bestowed on a member for their commitment and loyalty to the Ethics of Lions Clubs International.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Yarmouth Lions Club have also supported the Friends of Gorleston Library with a £200 donation enabling them to purchase children's educational play equipment.
The Lions said they were pleased to be able to offer support in particular towards the pre-school children's activities.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts