Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- Credit: Daniel Hickey
Firefighters have tackled a blaze in a house in Great Yarmouth town centre.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue service were called to reports of a fire in a property on Howard Street South just after 3pm on Saturday (May 15).
Police were already at the scene.
Two fire appliances, one each from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, attended.
Alex Cook, incident commander, said: "It was a small fire in a basement, believed to be deliberate.
"Because of the location, being in a basement, it was difficult to extinguish and ventilate," he added.
The firefighters took 30 minutes to put out the blaze.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146