Rescue helicopter searching for second missing woman on Great Yarmouth coast
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A rescue helicopter is searching for a missing woman in Hopton-on-Sea.
Norfolk Police say they are 'growing increasingly concerned' for missing 54-year-old Carol Smalley from Lincolnshire.
RNLI Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat Station are assisting with the search, as well as RNLI Lowestoft, and the rescue helicopter will also be searching the coast in Gorleston.
Mrs Smalley was believed to be staying in the Great Yarmouth area and clothes and a bag were found on a beach leading to the sea.
A crew from Gorleston Lifeboat was despatched at 5.30am, with their search continuing this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Coastguard rescue teams from Lowestoft, Southwold and Gorleston are helping with the search along with Norfolk Fire services and Lowland Search and Rescue.
Coxswain Paddy Lee said: 'We have been searching between Gorleston and Hopton, setting off from our station to Hopton and tracking back
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
'It was dark when we began so we are continuing our search now the tide is changing and it is light.'
Mrs Smalley has not been seen since lunchtime on January 3 in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
Call 101, quoting reference 27, if you think you can help.