Great Yarmouth Haven Bridge accident victim identity mystery
Police are yet to identify a man who died after being trapped under a lorry on the Haven Bridge on Valentine's Day.
The man, who is from the Great Yarmouth area and believed to be in his 50s, died after being in collision with a lorry on Southtown Road.
He had got off the bus and was crossing the road when the accident happened.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to Matalan Retail Park and a rapid response car and an ambulance attended the scene but sadly paramedics were unable to save him.
Fire crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston helped to make the scene safe and assisted the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
Haven Bridge was closed from 12.50pm and reopened at 4.45pm.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies