Great Yarmouth furnishings store to be demolished as Burgh Castle holiday scheme approved
- Credit: Archant
Plans to demolish a Great Yarmouth home furnishing shop and replace it with 14 homes have been approved.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council's development control committee has approved the plans which would see the Southtown Road building knocked down to make way for the houses.
The site, which is on the corner of Southtown Road and Gordon Road, is currently home to Choice Furnishings, having previously been the Anson Arms pub.
The same borough council planning meeting also approved a bid by the owner of Breydon Water Holiday Park at Butt Lane in Burgh Castle to allow caravan use all year round on a piece of land on the park.
At the moment the land owned by Park Resorts Ltd can not be used for caravans between January 7 and February 7
You may also want to watch:
The parish council and Environmental Health had objected to the planning bid by Park Resorts Ltd.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck