Great Yarmouth energy industry supplier appoints new chairman of board of directors
- Credit: PA
A specialist provider of products and services to the global energy industry based in Great Yarmouth has announced its chairman of its board of directors.
3sun Group has seen Glenn Cooper take over the chairmanship from Les Dawson who has stepped down to focus on other interests after three years.
A winner of several business awards, including the Sunday Times and PWC Profit track 100, the North West's Power 100 that spotlights key influencers, Mr Cooper is said to bring extensive experience across a range of business sectors to the role.
He said: '3sun Group has built an envied reputation as a dynamic, solutions-focused, innovative and go-ahead company that is exporting its skills and services across the world.
'I look forward to working with Graham and the team in the company's 10th year and sharing knowledge from a range of business areas to support 3sun Group in further growth, delivering the best possible products and services to its clients.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cooper added that his role would be to work closely with all stakeholders and 'develop and grow value across our sectors, with commitment, focus and attitude being key drivers,' he said.
His leadership roles have been in engineering, oil and gas instrument and control systems, security, manufacturing and business consultancy.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
Three years ago, he was invited by the then prime minister David Cameron to join his Business Task Force.
Welcoming him, chief executive Graham Hacon said: 'Glenn joins us with considerable experience across a range of business sectors'.
'I am looking forward to Glenn and his fellow board members playing leading roles in the new chapter of 3sun Group's development.'
He paid tribute to the work Mr Dawson had achieved with the company.
'Les infinitely remains our friend and ally, and we wish him the best of luck.'
Mr Cooper is president at ATG Access, a leading global manufacturer of bollards, barriers and road blockers.
The company exports to more than 40 countries with a network of 25 international partners.