Great Yarmouth crash leads to man being charged with drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A male driver has been arrested on the suspicion of drink driving after the Audi he was in crashed into two Great Yarmouth properties.
Police say the driver, who was in is 20s, 'decamped' from the scene of the crash in Northgate Street on Sunday night.
A police spokesman said the driver then reported himself to the police and was then arrested on the suspicion of drink driving and was released pending further investigations into the incident.
He had also been taken to hospital as a precaution.
Two crews of firefighters from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the crash, which saw two homes have their front walls demolished.
You may also want to watch:
The road was then closed for around half an hour while emergency services made the scene safe.
The crash happened at about 10pm and also saw ambulance crews called out.
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Anyone with information on the incident call Norfolk police on 101.