Road closed after driver suffers head injuries in crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver has suffered head injuries in a two car crash which closed a road this afternoon.
A silver Ford Fiesta and Vauxhall Corsa were involved in the collision on Prince's Road at the junction with Nelson Road North in Great Yarmouth.
Norfolk Police were called to the scene shortly after 2pm on Monday, February 10, while an ambulance crew also attended.
The road was blocked before the first of the cars was recovered at 2.44pm, while two ambulances remained at the scene more than an hour after the collision.
Fire crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston were called to the scene at 2.11pm, with a Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson saying: "The crews made the scene safe and assisted the ambulance service."
You may also want to watch:
According to the shopkeeper at Baltic Foods, who called the police after hearing a loud bang outside her front-door, the emergency services "were very responsive and arived on the scene quickly."
She said: "While neither of the people involved lost consciousness, they were both distressed and visibly shaken. It was very tense.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
"One car driver was taken to hospital but the injuries were not so serious for the other person involved."