Great Yarmouth church supports good causes from Christmas event and donations
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas charity event and donations at Christchurch in Great Yarmouth have led to two charities receiving £485 each.
Presentation of cheques for £485 each to the East Anglian Air Ambulance and Centre 81 in Great Yarmouth were made during a service held at Christchurch on Sunday.
The money for the two good causes was raised from its Christmas charity event at the King Street building plus donations.
Centre 81 has a skills and activities centre at Tar Works Road providing a safe and stimulating environment for adults with physical, sensory and other disabilities including those with complex health and/or social needs including associated learning disabilities.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was launched in 2000 and its helicopter crews have attended more than 20,000 lifesaving missions.
You may also want to watch:
Its helicopters fly from Norwich and Cambridge.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place