It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A dazzling display of Christmas lights wowed families and visitors to Great Yarmouth on Friday night, as the town kicked off their festive spirit.
This year's switch on saw £5,000 spent on casting the seasonal glow over the town centre, while the Christmas Fayre and market showcased an array of stalls.
A rooftop firework extravagansa delighted the crowd gathered below after the countdown to the switch on saw the Christmas Tree and Market Gates lit up.
Town mayor Michael Jeal was also joined at the spectacle, hosted by Rob Chandler from The Beach radio, by Father Christmas, as well as stars from the town's Beauty and the Beast pantomime.
Mr Jeal said: "It has been absolutely fantastic, and the one in Gorleston was too. The town looks amazing. It is packed and everyone is enjoying themselves."
You may also want to watch:
The three-day Christmas Fayre and Market runs until Sunday, December 1.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash