'Oversubscribed' school unveils revamp and new sixth-form block
- Credit: Great Yarmouth Charter Academy
A major revamp of a coastal academy is now complete - including state-of-the-art labs, new classrooms and a new library.
Great Yarmouth Charter Academy, part of the Inspiration Trust group, said children at the school deserved "the very best" - and that the "fantastic facilities" teamed with teachers' expertise would be of great benefit to students' education.
As well as a revamp, a new sixth form block has also been built on the Great Yarmouth site and will open to young people from September 2022.
The sixth form will have 140 places available to enable children to stay at the school from year seven until year 13, with the trust confirming that more information about the development would be released "very soon".
Kevin Blakey, principal of the academy, said: “I’m proud to be able to provide an education to our young people from year seven, right through until year 13. The sixth form will enable local children to continue their education closer to home, in a friendly, familiar environment.
You may also want to watch:
"The school has been growing in popularity, with year seven now oversubscribed."
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low