First look at plans for campus revamp at Great Yarmouth academy
- Credit: LSI Architects
Parents and the public are being asked for their views on a series of building proposals at a Great Yarmouth school.
The plans for Great Yarmouth Charter Academy include a new science block and multi-use games area, as well as the refurbishment of several existing classrooms and improved catering and library facilities.
The proposals for the Salisbury Road site would also free up space for the academy's planned new sixth form, scheduled to open in September 2021.
Ahead of the submission of a formal planning application later this year, the Inspiration Trust and the Department for Education, which are putting forward the changes, are asking for views from parents and the public.
A consultation event is being held at the academy from 4pm to 7pm on Monday, October 29, where details of the proposals will be available to view.
You may also want to watch:
If the plans are approved, construction could start in summer 2019.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler