Great Yarmouth Borough Council issues general election registration reminder
- Credit: PA
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has reminded voters they have less than two weeks to register to for the general election.
Polling cards have now been sent out across the borough, but the council has made it clear that it is not too late to register to vote in the election, which will be held on Thursday, June 8.
The last day to register to vote is Monday, May 22, with a number of ways for people to do so.
Potential voters can register to do so in the following ways: • Register online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
• Request a paper from the council's elections team by calling 01493 846327
You may also want to watch:
• Request a paper via email to email@example.com
If an elector is unable to vote in person, they can apply for a postal or proxy vote. The deadline for receiving a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday, May 23, while those registering for a proxy vote must do so by 5pm on May 31.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre