Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival is hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people have enjoyed the chance to drink their favourite real ale and ciders and let their taste buds try out new ones.
The four day Great Yarmouth and Cider Festival at St George's Theatre saw thousands of pints being consumed, culminating in a final mop up session on Sunday afternoon.
Drinkers could enjoy 40 real ales and 15 different ciders, most of which were from breweries in the region.
Jonathan Newman, one of the organisers, said that the ciders proved very popular at the annual event, now in its eleventh year.
He said: 'Perhaps next year we will call it the Great Yarmouth Cider and Beer Festival. Looking at early numbers I would say we on a par with last year's festival.
You may also want to watch:
'The Saturday afternoon proved very popular.
'It has gone really well.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
It was part of an overall event called Feastival. There is a food festival and Italian market in the market place on Friday and Saturday.