Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival is hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people have enjoyed the chance to drink their favourite real ale and ciders and let their taste buds try out new ones.
The four day Great Yarmouth and Cider Festival at St George's Theatre saw thousands of pints being consumed, culminating in a final mop up session on Sunday afternoon.
Drinkers could enjoy 40 real ales and 15 different ciders, most of which were from breweries in the region.
Jonathan Newman, one of the organisers, said that the ciders proved very popular at the annual event, now in its eleventh year.
He said: 'Perhaps next year we will call it the Great Yarmouth Cider and Beer Festival. Looking at early numbers I would say we on a par with last year's festival.
'The Saturday afternoon proved very popular.
'It has gone really well.'
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 5 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 6 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Driver banned for being fraction over limit
It was part of an overall event called Feastival. There is a food festival and Italian market in the market place on Friday and Saturday.