Great Yarmouth Asda announces major changes to opening hours
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A supermarket in Great Yarmouth is to stop offering round-the-clock opening hours, it has been revealed.
Asda, on Acle New Road in the town, has announced big changes to its opening hours, which see it no longer offering a 24-hour service on weekdays.
The store has reviewed its demand for 24-hour shopping and has come to the decision to close its doors at midnight each night on weekdays.
A spokesman from the supermarket chain said reviews into demand are carried out on an on-going basis and that no staff are affected by the change of hours.
Store manager Stuart Jacks said: 'After reviewing the opening hours of our Great Yarmouth store we are making some changes to align with how our customers choose to shop with us.'
You may also want to watch:
The new opening hours, which come into effect on Monday, May 8, are as follows:
Monday: 7am until midnight
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
Tuesday: 6am until midnight
Wednesday: 6am until midnight
Thursday: 6am until midnight
Friday: 6am until midnight
Saturday: 6am until 10pm
Sunday: 10am until 4pm