Christmas raffle run by Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft railway station staff
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
Big hearted staff at Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft railway stations plan to raise hundreds of pounds for a local charity by holding a Christmas raffle.
Laura Engelstone and Ann Kirkham along with other ticket office staff have put together two hampers full of festive treats, including a Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, wine and chocolates, which will be won on Friday, December 22.
So far they have raised more than £150 and hope that passengers will dig deep and buy raffle tickets, all proceeds of which will go to the Help An East Coast Child Appeal.
Help An East Coast Child, a charity which aims to make life better for less privileged children and their families on the East coast through grants and by working with schools, youth groups, disabled children and more, is close to the hearts of the station staff and many passengers who pass through the stations.
Greater Anglia's Area Customer Service Manager, James Reeve, said: 'Ann, Laura and the station teams have pulled out all the stops to create these fantastic hampers and passengers have been very generous so far as they pass through the stations. I hope that together we will raise an impressive amount for the 'Help an East Coast Child' appeal and would like to thank everyone who has contributed so far.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze