Great Yarmouth 3sun’s inspection service hits the �1m mark
The inspection division at Great Yarmouth-based energy company 3sun Group has won more than �1m in contracts since its launch late last year.
The company – which provides offshore generator inspections and pre-handover and in-service statutory inspections – has also landed a contract to carry out hose inspections and crane load tests on two boats.
Managing director Graham Hacon said: 'The launch of the inspection division was a major part of 3sun Group's growth strategy, which has also seen the acquisition of Dawson Energy and the opening of new bases. He said the move had allowed the firm to increase its operations in the oil and gas sector.
He said: 'A key part of our ongoing growth strategy is to ensure that we work closely with our clients in the regions they operate in, providing the range of services they require.
'The level of new business we have already secured, as a result of the inspection division launch, is highly encouraging and we are very much looking forward to working with new and existing clients.'
The group has developed inspection software which the company said had allowed it to bid for further contracts. The company's turnover grew from �2.4m in 2010 to �6.5m in 2011, and it is on target to achieve almost �12m this year.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme