Great Hockham pupil to swim to raise money for his school
A nine-year-old boy will swim a mile to raise money for his school after thinking hard about how he could help his fellow pupils and staff.
Bradley Green, nine, was inspired after a forum at Great Hockham Primary School, at which all 70 pupils meet to discuss various topics.
After going home and thinking about how he could best help his school, young Bradley decided to hold a sponsored swim at Breckland Leisure Centre in Thetford.
So far he has raised about �100, and will complete the swim surrounded by family and friends on May 20.
Great Hockham head, Hannah Wheeler, said: 'It's little to be swimming a mile but we're confident he can do it and we're all going along to support him.
You may also want to watch:
'The children will give work out what they use the money for so they have a sense of contributing to the whole school fully. They're all phenomenal children here and all brilliant in lots of ways but their kindness and compassion and thoughtfulness is amazing.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 4 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window