Great Bungay Duck Race returns for a third year on the River Waveney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Preparations are under way for the third Great Bungay Duck Race.
The race will be held a at Falcon Meadow, located between Bungay and Ditchingham, on July 8.
Falcon Meadow was purchased by the community three years ago and money raised by the event helps aid the wildlife resource and public amenity space.
Local businesses sponsor large ducks which they decorate for a best-dressed competition before racing on the river. The competition was won last year by Geraldine Cosgrove, proprietor of the Little Green Wholefood Shop.
Simon Thompson, chairman of Bungay Events and Business Association (BEBA) and a duck sponsor, said: 'The race brings people into the town, and highlights what a pro-active community this is.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a real example of how much people love Bungay.'
The event begins at noon and the day will see two other races take place along with food, drink, entertainment and children's activities.
For more information visit www.falconmeadow.org.uk
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups