Great Bungay Duck Race returns for a third year on the River Waveney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Preparations are under way for the third Great Bungay Duck Race.
The race will be held a at Falcon Meadow, located between Bungay and Ditchingham, on July 8.
Falcon Meadow was purchased by the community three years ago and money raised by the event helps aid the wildlife resource and public amenity space.
Local businesses sponsor large ducks which they decorate for a best-dressed competition before racing on the river. The competition was won last year by Geraldine Cosgrove, proprietor of the Little Green Wholefood Shop.
Simon Thompson, chairman of Bungay Events and Business Association (BEBA) and a duck sponsor, said: 'The race brings people into the town, and highlights what a pro-active community this is.
'It's a real example of how much people love Bungay.'
The event begins at noon and the day will see two other races take place along with food, drink, entertainment and children's activities.
For more information visit www.falconmeadow.org.uk
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 8 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 9 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 10 Mercedes owner clocked doing 113mph on A47 escapes driving ban