Great British Bake Off winner Candice Brown to star at Norfolk’s Hometech Show
- Credit: Archant
Great British Bake Off 2016 winner Candice Brown will light up the Norfolk Showground at the county's number one electrical show.
Hughes Hometech Show is set to return this autumn and will showcase the latest technology from some of the world's largest electrical manufacturers.
The event, which is now in its 25th year, will take place on October 20-22 and will be the largest yet with over 50 trade stands, live cooking demonstrations and a farmer's market celebrating local produce.
Candice was winner of the seventh series of The Great British Bake Off and will appear on Saturday, October 21 in the Cookery Demonstration Theatre.
Also appearing are Newmarket chef Jamie Mountford, who has appeared in Masterchef, The Professionals and Norfolk's award-winning Andy Snowling.
You may also want to watch:
Top manufacturers including Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Asus, Stoves, Belling and Hotpoint will all be at the Showground.
The three-day event will again raise money for Care for Clare which raises money to support the Norwich-based Clare School – a specialist physical/sensory & complex needs school that caters for pupils from three to 19 years of age.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Austin Redgrave, Hometech Show manager, said: 'We are delighted the industry continues to support us so strongly, with a record number of stands, as the show celebrates its silver jubilee.
'Hughes invests heavily in putting on the event to give people the chance to see, touch and try the very latest electronic goods, some of which are not even on sale yet.
'In addition to the Cooking Theatre, many exhibitors will be giving demonstrations which will all help to make it a real family day out and last year we had over 10,000 attend the show.'
Great Yarmouth's gold medal winning Paralympic swimmer, Jessica-Jane Applegate will also be there.
People can buy raffle tickets to win a variety of prizes donated by Hughes and other exhibitors, while Belkin will be fitting phone screen protectors in return for a donation to the charity.
Opening times of the show:
October 20: 6.00–9pm.
October 21: 10am–6pm.
October 22: 10am–5pm.