“For someone to do this deliberately is beyond belief” Grass fire on Mousehold heath believed to be started on purpose
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A fire on Mousehold Heath is believed to have been started deliberately.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue service were called to the area shortly after 6.30pm on Monday, July 16 following reports of a grass fire.
Two fire engines attended the scene using hose jets to extinguish the blaze.
Speaking to BBC Radio Norfolk Rob Burling Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service watch manager said: 'Eye witnesses spotted school children starting the fire and running off. Dry conditions like this your not only putting yourselves at risk. If you are starting fires you are putting other members of the public at risk, especially in such a highly populated areas as this.
'For someone to do this deliberately is beyond belief.'
Fire crews were again called to Mousehold Heath shortly after 6.15 this morning. One fire engine attended reports of a small fire in the open.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre