“For someone to do this deliberately is beyond belief” Grass fire on Mousehold heath believed to be started on purpose
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A fire on Mousehold Heath is believed to have been started deliberately.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue service were called to the area shortly after 6.30pm on Monday, July 16 following reports of a grass fire.
Two fire engines attended the scene using hose jets to extinguish the blaze.
Speaking to BBC Radio Norfolk Rob Burling Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service watch manager said: 'Eye witnesses spotted school children starting the fire and running off. Dry conditions like this your not only putting yourselves at risk. If you are starting fires you are putting other members of the public at risk, especially in such a highly populated areas as this.
'For someone to do this deliberately is beyond belief.'
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were again called to Mousehold Heath shortly after 6.15 this morning. One fire engine attended reports of a small fire in the open.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner